After Kenny Chesney’s 2018 Trip Around the Sun Tour hit more than a dozen major stadiums and more than 20 amphitheaters, the Tennessee native is scaling back his 2019 tour, which he has dubbed the Songs for the Saints 2019 Tour.
“I wanted to change it up,” says Kenny. “Last year was so intense, and amazing. No Shoes Nation took it to a whole other level, and they blew all of us away. It was the kind of energy you don’t take for granted. So when we started thinking about next year, they made me wanna come to them. Rather than the massive two-day set-up, make everyone come to a stadium away from their homes, I wanted to go to where the fans live . . . strip things back a bit, and make it a little more intimate.”
While dates haven’t been announced yet, Kenny has revealed 11 cities and venues, including Washington, D.C., Wichita, Kan., Atlantic City, N.J., and more.
“This is the kind of thing you do for passion,” Kenny says. “To rein things in a bit, change up the way we present the music, I know these songs will show us things they don’t when we’re in those massive stadiums. I never worry about the energy or the passion, but I think the songs are different depending on where you play them. So I’m fired up for 2019.”
Dates and more cities will be announced in the coming weeks.
Songs for the Saints 2019 Tour
- Champaign, IL | State Farm Center
- Grand Rapids, MI | Van Andel Arena
- Greensboro, NC | Greensboro Coliseum
- Washington, DC | The Anthem
- Tallahassee, FL | Donald L Tucker Civic Center
- Orange Beach, AL | The Wharf
- Columbia, MO | Mizzou Arena
- Wichita, KS | INTRUST Bank Arena
- Wilkes-Barre, PA | Mohegan Sun Arena
- Atlantic City, NJ | Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena
- Tuscaloosa, AL | Tuscaloosa Amphitheater